The Psychologically Healthy Workplace
Dr. Rex Gatto Workplace Tip #10
Over the past six years, Gatto Associates, LLC has worked with the Pennsylvania Psychological Association to reward organizations that help employees achieve work live balance, support employee development through training and education, and help employees develop their careers.
- Recipients of past PHW Awards have supported their employees by providing mentoring and opportunities for career development.
- The PHW Awards provide an opportunity to tell the outside world that you care about your employees.
- Examples of what Psychologically Healthy Workplaces provide are: child and elder care services, flexible work schedules, and other benefits and policies that demonstrate employee care and sensitivity.
Visit PAPSY.org for more workplace tips!
Dr. Rex Gatto Workplace Tip #9
Mentoring the Next Generation of Employees
- Mentoring is an experienced person supporting and guiding a less experienced person to a better understanding of the workplace and life balance.
- Don't tell - but instead listen, ask questions, and guide mentees to a wider appreciation of the workplace.
- Share experiences and discuss the mentee's career aspirations.
- Create a succession plan by building the social infrastructure and developing the next generation of employees in your organization.
- Retain the right people in your organization.
- Remember you can promote success through positive thoughts about yourself and others.